Sunday, November 1, 2009

Congratulations, here's your baby

Posted by Amy at 4:37 PM
Woo. Finally feel like I'm at least semi-qualified to start writing this.

My baby boy Johnny is now three months old. My life is as back to "normal" as it will ever be again, the c-section scar is healed and I am back to work (as much as I would prefer to be home with him). I'm actually a mom.

It's still weird to me. It's still weird to look up (or down), depending on where he's seated and how I'm posed trying to amuse him at that particular moment, and realize that he's actually ours. Like, we get to (and have to) keep him. I have a tiny human who can't communicate with me in any other way than crying and smiling, and he's actually a little party of me and a little part of my husband.

We brought him home three and a half months ago now, and still... wow.

I think back on the day I went to the hospital to be induced, and I can remember every single minute of it. It was actually the day after going to the actual hospital that I had him, and yet it seems absolutely impossible that the crying/smiling/wiggling/growing little boy in my arms is the same one I saw on ultrasound pictures, felt the prying eyes of strangers stare at when he'd move my shirt while I was shopping, and who I planned for for nine months (about 2 years, really) of my life. It just doesn't feel real.

But it is. The diaper changes and feedings are real. Going to the store at 11pm because we're almost out of formula is real. Getting teary as we drop him off at daycare is real. And it's amazing.

I'm a little nervous about having all this open to everyone to see... I hope I don't say anything that offends (but I probably will), I hope I don't start any drama (but I probably will), and I hope I get you to stick with me. I know there are about... oh, a billion "mommyblogs" on the web, but I hope you'll find this one amusing enough to stick to. Since I have a little more room for creativity on this blog than on the other one (not that it's not a great blog because it totally is and you can check it out here: Madame Menu), and it's easy to post tons of updates when they don't require a bunch of formatting and photos and such (though Madame Menu isn't going anywhere)... you can count on hearing from me more often.

Stay tuned!

0 comments:

 

The Onesie Chronicles Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez